Monday, October 15, 2012

When Best Friends Visit

Molly came to visit over the weekend. I was sooo excited before/during/after her visit. The only thing missing was our other girls. Because even though our visits are amazing with each other, we can't help but think of the rest of us.

When one of your best friend visits, AND your kids play together, it's close to perfection, because...

Your daughters are playing together! This is something we planned out when we were 18 years old in the APU library when we were supposed to be studying. "We'll marry guys that are best friends so we can hang out everyday, then we'll have our dream jobs, and our kids will be best friends..."...

But we don't really live next door. And we don't really see each other even close to everyday. But when we do hang out, and our kids really do love each other like we knew they would- hearts melt in Atascadero. Sure there was a 24 hour flu with vomit everywhere, a baby with a ginormous bruise from four immunization shots, and a swollen foot from a bee sting, but hey, that's just kids. Right?

Our girls. Just playing a little dollhouse in Ella's almost done room.



The Mamas. (We're smiling because we're happy, AND because we just finally put the kids down).


A Gap Ad? I know. Beautiful Mom and beautiful kids.


Vienna. Or you can call her gorgeous, your choice. 


Baby Ben. Whose family doesn't really think he's a baby anymore, but anyone under the age of 3 at my house is called 'baby,' ...because we love babies. And because he's the cutest thing ever.


My girl. And Moll's girl. And I swoon because this is what I dreamed of.


And then the boys...ahhhh, our boys!!!



And for the closer, there they are. (Side note: what is it with barbies always being naked? Maybe they could just sell them naked and they'd be cheaper?)
 
Pics from the rest of the weekend...poor Ella got her first bee sting. But a camera arrived and I was all smiles and forced my poor kids to pose...



I think this is where I heard V and Ella say, "Wait, should we get one for Isabella and Hadley?"


And then Ben was like, "I got one for Griffin." 


And clearly, Maxwell chose the perfect for Keenan, because it was his birthday!


And a special thank you to my husband for being that husband.  He watched all four kids for us one morning. He cooked for us two nights in a row. And he was just...good to me. And that made me happy.
 

3 comments:

mike and hillary said...

soooooo cute! i love every single picture! those girls...too cute.

rozanny said...

Cute! The girls look like they could be sisters too...

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

So many great pictures!! And so many cute gorgeous kids. :-)

Love the last photo of you and Hubby