Monday, September 1, 2008

It's Getting Bettter All the Time

- 10 weeks-

I am feeling better! I really am. I still feel nauseous, but I am not actually throwing up and it is SO MUCH BETTER. I have been taking Zofron, an anti nausea medication for patients going through chemotherapy. I feel defensive about taking it because I don't want to do anything that will harm the babies, but I feel OK about it. I have read a lot about it and it seems to be a godsend for many women.

There's a lot you hear about before you get pregnant that you think has prepared you. Clearly I did not get what "morning sickness" was all about until it struck. My latest surprises have been weird dreams and....constipation, um, OUCH. Seriously, OUCH!

The dreams always involve the babies. Highlights include: one of the babies fell out and Mike was mad at me because I didn't call him to be a part of the birth. Uh, excuse me, but there was no birth. The baby FELL OUT. Another dream/nightmare featured a scary bald man chasing me with a knife trying to cut the babies out! Yucky! But this morning I woke up smiling because in my dream the babies were cuddled up with Mike and I. I reached for them when my eyes opened but realized it was a dream. I put my hands on my tummy instead and prayed a prayer of thanks...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what an adventure you're on cousin! that first dream made me laugh! you are wonderful! thank you for sharing thru all this! i love you & miss you!