Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Sun

My mood is definitely effected by the weather. I can do rainy or grey for a bit, but I thrive in the sunshine. My favorite memories with the kids are playing outside. We are totally spoiled by the weather here. I should NOT complain because we've had just spots of rain, which we need, so don't hate me Hill and other Washington friends. BUT, I'll just say that my favorite afternoons are spent in our backyard by the BBQ when Mike gets home from work (and he's working in town). Yesterday was one of those great days. Nothing out of the ordinary, just a feeling of contentment at home.

I lived in Seattle for a year after college. It was beautiful, fun, and sooo much to do. But I missed my sunshine!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
p.s. If you are considering saving up for a play structure like this, ours is from Costco...DO IT! Oh my goodness, best investment ever!

2 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I was going to ask you where you got that play structure. It's a weeee bit too large for our backyard (haha) but if we ever move to the burbs...

I wish I could bring Henry and Keira over to play. They would have to much fun together!

Your kids are so cute. I love a casual backyard grilling session myself!

mike and hillary said...

i DO hate you. (and also, i love your kids...so cute!)