Tuesday, February 21, 2012

So Big

We used to take your pudgy hands in ours. 'How big is Ella? How big is Maxwell?' You'd squeal and kick your feet as we raised your arms high, 'SO BIG!.' And then all of the sudden you were you are. So big.

Sometimes I forget that you used to need me for everything. This morning after bath time I watched you get yourselves ready. And I thanked God again and again that he gave us two. Because two is incredible.







 
 
Ella, you love to dress up and talk away on your cell phone (play phone). You sing lullabies to your babies and you read stories to your family. You are smart and inquisitive. You ask me 'why?' 13,847 times a day. And then you really listen when I answer. I love your imagination.



Maxwell you make us laugh and smile all day long. Your make any game silly and you are such a good big brother. You definitely know what you want. You aren't really into the electric Jeep Santa brought you (which I just KNEW you would love). Instead, you go straight for the real deal. You ride the quad around the yard like a really big kid. And I can hardly take it. 

4 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Your kids are so lucky to have all that wonderful outdoor space to play! I love that video of Max.

Unknown said...

at first seeing maxwell on the quad freaked me out, but he is actually so cautious. and with that helmet i can't help but think of the movie spaceballs. love.

rozanny said...

So sweet...

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Thank you for your comment on Lauren's blog. You made me tear up a little. I think you're a great mother too. :-)