Monday, January 3, 2011

30, Flirty, and Thriving

Have you guys seen 13 Going on 30? Jennifer Garner's character is a 13 year old girl who on her birthday wishes to be '30, flirty and thriving.' That line always makes me laugh. My step kids asked me on Christmas how I feel about turning 30. I think I'm officially grown up, because really, it just feels like another number. I feel satisfied that I accomplished many of my goals: I completed my Masters Degree and counseling credential. I have a rewarding career that I'll return to at some point. I am blessed with a beautiful family. My life is full. We also laughed when I reminded them that by marrying their father, I'll always feel young. Or younger.

I turned 30 New Years Day. NYE Mike and I went out for dinner and drinks with some of our favorite friend's, Crystal and Andy. We spent New Year's day with a few friend's and family at my parents house (thanks Mom, Dad and Judie!). Although most of my time is spent with my babies building train tracks with applesauce in my hair, I'd still say I feel '30, flirty, and thriving.' I don't know how I'll feel about 40, but 30 is just fine.



8 comments:

Victoria said...

I love that movie! Happy Birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

you wear "30" very well.. you are so beautiful, inside and out..Happy Belated Birthday!!! Love you, Linda and Bill Manzer

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

You look great! I wish I were 30. You lucky duck!! :-)

brian, meghan, finley, and adalaide said...

happy birthday!!! i love that movie and that line always cracks me up!

Leanne said...

Happy Birthday Meghan!!

~j~ said...

Yup! agreed you dont' look a day over 25!!
Happy Birthday to you!
xo
j

rozanny said...

Happy Birthday! I feel like it's just another number to me at this point too.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you!!! I will be turning the big 40 very soon, I'll let you know how it goes....You are beautiful and have a wonderful family, so much to be thankful for!!!
Carrie