Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mean

As I've said before, I'm not going to back to work right now. The district hired a new school counselor and I started thinking about some of the ideas I had for this year, had I chosen to return. I found these two videos I had planned to show the middle school kids. Even though the message is still the same, I feel like someone is hitting me in the stomach when I watch the videos now. Not because they are different, but because I am different. This time I see Max and Ella. I don't want them to hurt. Ever. This sounds so simple, but I get why our parents want to protect us. I know that my experience as a mother is going to make me a better counselor when I go back to work.

This video is mild compared to the way I see girls treat each other.




This video is kind of long, but I appreciate that shows that boys get bullied too.


No comments: