Monday, June 25, 2012

For The Maxwells

This post is dedicated to the Maxwell family. (For those of you who don't know, Maxwell is my maiden name...hence, our son's awesome name). 

Fellow family members,

Have you been up to Nana and Papa's house lately and felt like something was...different? Like something, or rather, someone was missing? Let me enlighten you. If you've been around the family for any amount of time you'll know just who I'm talking about. (Unless it's just the cousins that remember her?)

She's clothed in red velvet. You can see your reflection in her patient leather shoes. Her eyes follow you from the garage door to Nana's chair...she sees EVERYTHING. Yep, I'm talking about the doll that looks real. Nana gave her to Ella on our last visit and now she lives in my house. Following my EVERY MOVE. Cue creepy laugh...Bahahaha.

At first Ella didn't think much of her, but now that she stripped off that formal attire and Ella carries the doll everywhere. Though, she does tell me, "She's very heavy Mama." She is different from Ella's fisher price dolls that don't weigh 15 pounds. Anyway, I thought you'd get a kick out of the latest addition to our family.

It's actually very special, because she's from Nana. I've asked Ella a few times what the baby's name is and every time she tells me, "She's the Nana baby," Which makes me smile to know that Ella knows her great Grandma, Nana.

 But make no mistake, I sleep with one eye open.

Clearly the baby is in good hands.

 
 
 
p.s. Aunt Sue, do you see the rocking chair in the background? That was mine, and I'm told that you painted it for me :)

3 comments:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Chucky lives!! That doll looks so realistic (the head part). Totally hilarious!!

Bethany said...

hahahahaha This made me smile!! I am glad its in your house now :)

Cristine said...

hahah, so she has found a new home and someone new to love her...why is it kids LOVE to undress their dolls then keep them that way? I guess the best way Ella can carry her is around the neck, so funny!!