Sorry guys, I'm certain you're going to get twin comments your whole life. Hopefully you find them amusing and not annoying.
Everywhere we go, people comment on the babies. I'm sure it's that way even when you have one baby, but sometimes it's ridiculous. I tell myself people are just curious. But some of the things people have said...seriously?
Annoying Amusing Things People Have Said to Me
And the things I wish I said back
1. (While shopping at Costco...) Oh, were you disappointed when you found out you were having twins?
WTF? Are you kidding me? So not disappointed, and would clearly not wish to discuss that personal feeling with stranger in warehouse if I had been.
2. OH MY GOSH TWINS! Are they identical?
No. My son has a penis, my daughter does not.
3. Twins? Oh look at your daughter, she's a lot smarter than the boy.
Did you honestly just say that? Based on..?
4. (While at the post office...) Oh no! Your daughter is hot. She needs out of her seat.
Really Mame? She's hot? It's 103 degrees out, what gave you the impression that she may be hot? Take her out of her seat? And carry her, my package, her seat, and her brother in his seat? You try.
5. Are you breastfeeding? You really should breastfeed. Breastfed babies are soooooo much healthier. Young women these days just don't understand the importance of breastfeeding.
If you say the word breastfeeding again I might throw up. Not that it's any of your business, but for the first three months of these babies lives, my boobs were out at least eight hours a day. Did you get that? It literally took me EIGHT HOURS A DAY to feed two babies. I now nurse both at the same time like rock star. Don't talk to me about breastfeeding. I'm doing just fine. Not that it's any of your business.
Not all the comments are this obnoxious. Many people just want to say hello and congratulations. But really, some people are absolutely stupid.