Monday, February 23, 2009

35 Weeks Pregnant

I spent all of last week in the hospital on magnesium sulfate trying to stop pre-term labor. It felt like a very long week, but the mag slowed the contractions and we kept the babies growing and healthy. They were also given a steroid to help their lungs develop. I am home from the hospital now and it feels SO GOOD to sleep in my own bed and breath fresh air. Since I've been home I've had a chance to properly pack my bags feel prepared. Now...we wait. The doctors are confident that if the babies were to come now they would be healthy and ready to come home with us. I feel big, uncomfortable, and a mix of tired and restless. My contractions have not stopped, but they are mild and I'm not about to go back to the hospital until I really think it's time.

I don't think I have officially shared the babies names yet. Below I have posted pictures of their room. May I present...Maxwell and Ella's nursery.


I can't wait for you to be here babies~















































































































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart is racing with anticipation! Thanks for the posts from (pre)beginning to end and congratulations!! I love the babies' names, also how the M/E are like Meghan/Elaine. Next thing we may hear is about a birthday. YAY! In the meantime, happy nesting. Love and belly rubs, Aunt Joanne

mike and hillary said...

oh, the nursery is SO DARLING! i love it, megs! you did so good. and the closet is so cute. is cute the right word? you know what i mean. i just love it all! you look REALLY good! i can't believe you're 35 weeks pregnant with twins in that pic! i'm glad you get to be home and i'm still praying for you often. love you. keep me posted as much as you can!

Anonymous said...

The nursery is so CUTE!! It's was so good to hear you post again with good news that you are home now and waiting for Maxwell and Ella (great names)--to arrive. Please continue to post always, especially after the babies arrive. Your blog is my favorite website!! Happy safe delivery. Sandra